FCYFL Weight Chart
Birthday Age Cutoff Dates: Ages 7-11 and 14 – Age on October 1; Ages 15-16 – 15 year olds that turn 16 on or before December 31st must play 155lbs. No player that turns 17 on or before December 31st is eligible to play.
|Age on October 1 (See exceptions for 15 and 16 year olds)|
|155LB||UNL/ 175*||UNL/ 165*||160||155|
* Unlimited players are not eligible to play in a position that normally handles the ball unless they are at or below the listed maximum ball carrier weight (the weight limit listed next to “Unlimited/” on the chart above). Anklebiters may not weigh more than 70lbs to run the ball. Positions excluded for unlimited players exceeding the maximum ballcarrier limit include all offensive backfield positions, all eligible receivers and tight end positions, and any position not on the first line of a special teams formation. Exceptions include the offensive positions of center, punter, and placekicker.
** 15 year olds that turn 16 on or before December 31st must play 155lbs. *** 16 year olds that turn 17 on or before December 31st are not eligible to play.
Only youth between the ages of 7 and 16 years of age and who weigh at least 40 pounds may participate in the FCYFL. All youth shall play in the Age/Weight Division that they are eligible for. There will be no waivers.
Commissioners are responsible for checking birth dates and weights at club registration and the official FCYFL Weigh-In. For example, a 10 year old will play in the 90# group if he weighs from 86 to 100 pounds. He may not play in the 100# group unless he weighs between 101 pounds to 120 pounds.
For purpose of eligibility in the various Age/Weight Divisions, a players age on October 1 of the current year will determine his football age. Example: A youth who becomes 10 years old on or before October 1 will play as a 10 year old. A youth who becomes 10 at any time after October 1st of the current year will play as a 9-year-old.
1) Equipment Issue will be held in early August at Centreville H.S. in the cafeteria located inside the front entrance.
2) Bring your child, no equipment will be issued without the player present. Non returned equipment status will preclude player from receiving new SYA Football Equipment!
3) Bring your child at the appropriate time, the times for each weight class are listed below. If you have multiple players in the program bring them both at your earliest scheduled time.
4) No parents will be allowed in the equipment issue areas, please be aware your football player will take approx. 30 minutes to fit properly.
5) Please note the condition you receive your equipment in, we expect it back in the same clean condition.
6) Game jerseys are not issued on this day. They are issued at a later date.
7) We will sell mouthpieces, SYA magnets, sweatshirts, etc.: Cash & checks accepted – Checks to be made out to ‘SYA Football’
Equipment Issue Times (Saturday, August 4th at Centreville High School):
8:00 AM – 155 lb & 130 lb Players
8:45 AM – 115 lb Players
9:30 AM – 100 lb Players
10:15 AM – 90 lb Players
11:00 AM – 80 lb Players
11:45 to 1:00 pm Doors Closed for Lunch
1:00 PM – AB Players
1:45 PM – Close & Pack up
Make every effort to attend this distribution. Any make-ups will be addressed after primary distribution.
|early||Monday||Coach & Player Registration||online|
|July 30 – Aug 2||Mon-Thurs||Skills Camp||Centreville H.S.|
|4||Saturday||Equipment Issue||Centreville H.S.|
|6||Monday||Practices begin||All host fields|
|11||Saturday||First Weigh-in (free)||Falls Church H.S.|
|18||Saturday||Second Weigh-in ($20 – cash only)||Falls Church H.S.|
|25||Saturday||Third Weigh-in ($20 – cash only)||Falls Church H.S.|
|1||Saturday||Sully Bowl||CYA Fields|
|8||Saturday||Glory Days Grill Bowl||Centreville H.S.|
|TBD||TBD||Final Weigh-in ($60 – cash only)||TBD|
The following are the practice fields for the entire month of August. Practice is Mon-Fri, 6-8pm.
|80 lb||Centreville HS, Stadium field|
|90 lb||Centreville HS, Practice field|
|100 lb||Centreville HS, Practice field|
|115 lb||Centreville HS, Practice field|
|130 lb||Braddock Park|
|155 lb||Braddock Park|
It is the policy of SYA Football to only issue registration refunds if your child has a season ending injury in the first two weeks of SYA’s scheduled practices.
Everyone participating in the Fairfax County Youth Football League (FCYFL) must have a valid VA DMV ID card in hand for weigh-in. No other form of ID is acceptable to FCYFL. This means FCYFL will not accept birth certificates, military IDs, passports or any form of ID other than a VA DMV ID.
For our returning players this is a gentle reminder to check the expiration date on your current ID. Older versions of the ID expire after 5 years. For our new players, here is a link to the Virginia DMV website that explains how to obtain a Child ID Card from DMV.
Due to security issues, the DMV will not issue an ID at the time of application. These IDs are mailed to your home and the process can take up to 2 weeks.